Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New! Daily Cooking Idea

So, I am starting a new daily post that will have something to do with cooking or baking.  It may be a recipe or it may just be an idea or tip for your next cooking adventure.  Hope you all find something that you and your family will enjoy!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, it is snowing in my neck of the woods.  Perfect day to throw something in the crock pot.  Today I am making a beef roast with onions, potatoes, and carrots.  The leftovers tomorrow will make a delicious vegetable beef soup.  Probably one of the most simple meals as long as you watch your liquid in the bottom of the crock pot.  I just have one tip for adding flavor to the meat; before putting your roast in the crock pot, rub the entire roast with your choice of seasoning/dry rub and then with a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, brown all sides of the roast.  I then drizzle the dripping from the pan on top of the roast after putting it in to finish cooking all day.  This adds a ton of flavor to your meat and seals in the juices!

No comments:

Post a Comment